- Overview –Buran Pass (15,000 ft/4550m) is a high altitude mountain pass across the Himalayan mountain range in state of Himachal Pradesh, India.
- It lies on a very famous hiking route starts from Janglik village located in Pabbar valley , Upper Shimla region and ends at Barua village located in Baspa valley in Kinnaur region. It is a 7 days schedule to complete the Buran Pass trek or Buran Ghati trek.Buran pass trek is one of the most beautiful trek in Himachal Pradesh consist of village setting, lush green forests, grasslands, lakes and mountain views. Buran Pass trek have most thrilling and adventurous pass crossing as the trekkers need to rappel down a snow wall of approx 400 mtrs from the pass and there are many snow slides to do after that. The sacred Chandranahan Lake is another attraction of Buran Ghati Trek. The glacial lake remains frozen for the most part of the year.Buran Pass trek is fairly demanding trek, on the other side it is very beautiful and adventurous trek. If you are a experienced trekker and planning for thrilling trek experience then Buran Pass trek should definitely be on your bucket list.Name – Buran Pass TrekTrek Starting Point – Janglik village, Upper Shimla RegionEnding Point – barua village, Baspa valley KinnaurDuration – 06 nights/07 daysMaximum Altitude – 15,000 ft/4572 mtrs
Walking distance – 56 kms
Grade – Moderate – Difficult
Important Links –
- Essentials for Buran Pass Trek.
- Fitness & Preparation for the trek.
- Risks and Precautions.
- Upcoming Fixed Departure Dates.
- Photo Gallery.
Day wise Itinerary:-
Day 01:- Shimla – Janghlik By road (160 kms, 8-10 hrs)
In the morning assemble at a pre defined place in Shimla and meet by our representative in the morning. Start your road journey to Janglik village. Drive through Green valley, Kufri, Theog, Kharapathar and Rohru. Enroute Lunch(on own). From Chirgaon onwards the road condition is bad. Reach Janglik till evening. Team meet up and a briefing about trek. Evening snacks and tea along with Dinner served at Janghlik. Overnight stay at Janglik.
Accommodation: – Homestay
Meals:- Evening snacks, Dinner.
Day 02:- Janghlik – Dayara Thach (Approx 5 hrs) – Full Board
In the morning you can visit the village. Post breakfast start the trek to Dayara Thach. Cross the village and entres at the thick forest, which makes the walk very pleasant. Enroute you will take a small halt at Simur Thach. Reach Dayara Thach afternoon. Hot Lunch will be served. Evening snacks and tea will be served. Dinner and Overnight stay at Dayara Thach.
Day 03:- Dayara Thach – Litham Thach (3-4 hrs) – Full Board
Morning you can witness the Sunrise at Dayara Thach. Post breakfast start the trek to Litham Thach. A very easy and beautiful day. You can pass many streams and beautiful meadows of Mounty thach to reach Litham. Reach Litham and the hot lunch will be served.
Day 04:- Litham – Chandarnahan Lakes – Litham – Full Board
Today start you day early. Post breakfast we will start trek to explore the chndarnahan valley. Today the first part of trek is difficult as you have to walk steep climd to reach the chndarnahan first lake. After that the trek is very moderate to easy. There are 7 glacial ponds at Chandarnahan. We will take you till 05th lake. Evening retun to Litham. Overnight stay at litham Thach.
Day 05:- Litham – Nalabansh Campsite(4 hrs) – Full Board
Today after breakfast start your trek of 4-5 hrs to nalabansh campsite. Today you will see gunas waterfalls, Gunas pass on the right and Rupin valley cliffs. Moderate to Difficult trek. Reach Nalabansh. Evening snacks will be served and also this day dinner will be served very soon in the evening. Today take adequate rest as tomorrow we have to cross the Buran Pass. Also the pass will be visibale from this place. Overnight stay at Nalabansh.
Day 06:- Nalabansh – Munirang Via Buran Pass(10 hrs) – Full Board
Today is the D-DAY of Buran pass trek. Start the trek early by 06:00 am. 2 hrs steep climb to reach the Buran Pass located at 15000 ft. cross the pass and reach campsite by evening. Evening Snacks, Dinner and Overnight stay.
Day 07:- Munirang – Burua Village – Shimla
Today start the descend to burua village.(5 hrs)
See the Kinnaur region. Reach Village and you can visit the temple. Walk till Karcham and from there board the pre booked cab to Shimla.
Trek Ends with Life time memories and friends.
- Transportation from Shimla to Janghlik and from Barua/Karcham to Shimla by cab(Trek/camper/Bolero).
- Meals:- Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Evening Snacks, Tea, dinner. Major Meals starting from Dinner at Janglik on first day and breakfast at last day of trek.
- Trek Guide, Cook, helpers and porters for carrying camping equipments, ration and common supplies.
- Accommodation: – Camps on Twin/Triple sharing basis, sleeping bags and mattress.
- Mountaineering course certified Trek Leader.
- Safety Equipment includes static rescue rope, seat harness, carabiners, pulleys
- Basic Medical kit/First Aid Kit along with Oxygen Cylinder.
- 5% GST charges.
- Travel Insurance.
- Portage of personal backpack/bags/luggage during the trek.
- Any expense of personal nature.
- Any meals/refreshments not mentioned Under the head inclusions.
- Any service not mentioned in the inclusions section.
- Cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure date – 5% deduction
- Between 30 days to 15 days prior to departure – 50% deduction
- Less than 15 days of departure – No Cash Refund
- Normally HTH expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule/porter.
- Charges of offloading backpack can directly pay at village on arrival.
- The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover.
- Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.