Chandernahan Lake is a very beautiful lake situated in between snowy mountains in Pabbar valley in Rohru Tehsil in Shimla district of Himachal Pradesh. Chandarnahan lake is the source of River Pabbar which is a tributary of Yamuna. The trek to Chandarnahan is moderate but is the most beautiful one. The best time to trek Chandarnahan is during full blossom time when the greenery and flowers make it a perfect place to visit.
It is a highly revered lake for the inhabitants of the valley. Also known as ‘The Moon Lake’ narrated that the Devta at Rohru, has its origin here and visits the lake for a ritual bath, once in every eight years or so. The Devta’s devotees consider the lake a sacred abode of Goddess Kali, who in turn is considered the caretaker of all the people living in the Rohru valley. The trek to Chandernahan takes you to a maximum altitude of around 4000 meters above sea level. It is a moderate level trek, suitable for most people aged between 15 to 60 years.
Chandernahan Lake trek is a paradise for most of the adventure seekers. Chandernahan lake is surrounded by the beautiful snow-capped mountains. It’s 30 m waterfall turning into regular flowing water is a special treat to your eyes. So, what are you waiting for pack your bags to for the beautiful Chandernahan Lake trek.
Name – Chandernahan Lake Trek
Trek Starting & Ending Point – Janglik village, Upper Shimla Region
Duration – 04 nights/05 days
Maximum Altitude – 4000 m
Walking distance – 36 kms
Grade – Moderate – Moderate
Important Links –
- Essentials for the trek.
- Fitness & Preparation for the trek.
- Risks and Precautions.
- Upcoming Fixed Departure Dates.
Day Wise Itinerary –
Day 1- Shimla to Janglik village( 160 kms, 8 hrs)
At Shimla gather in pre decided place at 07:30 am and start the journey to Janghlik village. Drive through Kufri, Theog and Kharapathar. Take appropriate breaks to click photo graphs of valley. As you pass Rohru you will drive in the Pabbar river valley. Reach Janglik. Evening snacks, tea and dinner will be served. Overnight stay at Janghlik at home stay. Last point in trek to charge the camera batteries and mobile batteries.
Day 2 – Janglik to Dayara Thach (approx 5-6 hrs trek)
Before breakfast you can visit the village and temples. Post breakfast start your trek to Dayara thach. The trek starts from the village will take you through forests and beautiful meadows. Reach Dayara Thach and enjoy the hot lunch. Rest of the time is at leisure. Evening snacks, tea will be served. Dinner and Overnight stay at Dayara Thach.
Day 3- Dayara thach to LithamThach (Nearby Chandernahan waterfall)(3-4 hrs trek)
Post breakfast start your trek leisurely after enjoying the sunrise at Dayara Thach. Today is a very easy day to trek. Cross the beautiful meadows of Mounty Thach on the way. There are many water streams on the way. Reach Litham Thach till afternoon. Hot lunch will be served there.
Evening snacks and Tea will be served. Dinner and Overnight stay at Litham Thach.
Day 4- Litham thach to Chandarhahan – Litham Thach(approx 6-8 hrs)
Today is the D day of the trek. Start early after breakfast till 07:00 am. It’s a 02 hrs gradual ascent to the snout of the waterfall followed by a steep climb for about an hour. There are 07 glacial pounds in Chandarnahan valley(as tell by locals). We will take you till 05 lake. Trek back, there is a steep descent on the way back to Litham.
Day 5 –Litham Thach – Janglik
Start after breakfast. Today we will trek back to Janglik village through beautiful meadows and forests. Overnight celebration and at at Janglik.
Day 6 – Janglik – Shimla
Start early after breakfast and take transfer to Shimla via cab. Drop at Shimla.
“Trek Ends with life time memories”
- Transportation from Shimla to Janglik and from Janglik to Shimla by cab (Trek/camper/Bolero).
- Meals:- Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Evening Snacks, Tea, dinner. Major Meals starting from Dinner at Janghlik on first day and breakfast at last day of trek.
- Trek Guide, Cook, helpers and porters for carrying camping equipments, ration and common supplies.
- Accomodation:- camps on triple sharing basis, sleeping bags mattress.
- A trek leader from Shimla till Shimla.
- Basic Medical kit/First Aid Kit along with Oxygen Cylinder.
- 5% GST charges.
- Travel Insurance.
- Portage of personal backpack/bags/luggage during the trek.
- Any expense of personal nature.
- Any service not mentioned in the inclusions section.
- Cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure date – 5% deduction
- Between 30 days to 15 days prior to departure – 50% deduction
- Less than 15 days of departure – No Cash Refund
- Normally HTH expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule/porter.
Charges of offloading backpack can directly pay at village on arrival.
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover.
- Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.